15 Wedding Send-Off Ideas That Are Cooler Than Tossing Rice
via Society Bride
Rice tossing has been around for ages – it’s meant to bless the couple with fertility and abundance after they’ve wed. But let’s face it – it’s a dated custom. Break the tradition: here’s 15 unique wedding send off ideas that are way cooler than tossing rice.
- Sprinkles! This is my personal favorite because the pictures come out so colorfully beautiful.
via Blink of an Eye
2. Balloons. Inexpensive and classic!
via Wedding Chicks
3. Pom-poms: also inexpensive and colorful!
4. Confetti. You can invest in party poppers, or simply DIY them in little bags.
via Belfiore Bridal
5. Glowsticks make gorgeous photos at nighttime.
6. Wedding sparklers are also perfect for nighttime photos, but look just as pretty during the day. Just be sure your state doesn’t have laws prohibiting the use of fireworks.
7. Feathers. How pretty is this?
8. The kids will LOVE tossing paper airplanes or gliders!
9. Lavender: colorful, and just imagine how nice it will smell after the send-off!
10. As long as you’re not worried about having glitter stuck on you…put together these little “pixie dust” bottles! (You could also use sequins – they’re easier to get off.)
11. Bubbles are an oldie but a goodie – plus, no clean-up required. Plus, wedding bubbles are cheap!
12. Butterflies. This would be awesome, but likely expensive.
13. Leaf toss for a fall wedding? No money required. You can even get crafty and punch out confetti shapes!
via Best Bride
14. Another oldie but a goodie: rose petals. Silk rose petals are a cheap alternative to real flowers if your venue allows them.
15. Birdseed is biodegradable.
via Hip Hostess
Honorable mention: Tambourines for guests to shake as you exit. Many venues may ask that you don’t toss anything, so this is a great alternative!