25 Wicked Ideas For A Tattoo Inspired Wedding
Tattoos and weddings have both been around for ages – and they aren’t going anywhere soon. A tattoo inspired theme can be incorporated into so many styles of weddings: rock n roll, Rockabilly, pin up – or just because tattoos are fun. Whether you are inked up or just love the idea of incorporating tattoo inspiration into your wedding here are 25 awesome ideas for a tattoo themed wedding.
1. Give your guests a glimpse of your wedding day with tattoo inspired invitations
2. Give your reception decor some ink with a custom designed wedding banner in a tattooed font
3. A tattoo inspired wedding cake (or cupcakes) are certainly different from traditional designs
4. But if you prefer a traditional wedding cake, a unique tattoo inspired cake topper can reflect your personal style without going overboard.
You can buy these cake toppers via RepublicOfCute on Etsy
5. Roses and Skulls are always popular tattoo themes, and incorporating just a little bit into your centerpieces or table decor will give it just the right amount of glitz without making your decor overwhelming.
6. Get a tattoo inspired work of art, frame it and let your guests sign the mat. Hang it in your home after the wedding for a unique guest book alternative that you can display and get use out of.
7. Marquee lighting for weddings is trendy and these particular lights are great to add to your tattoo style decor. Take them home and use in your house after the wedding too!
8. Have a rose ceremony rather than a unity candle – roses are popular for tattoos, this can be used as your theme without anyone knowing it is tattoo inspired!
9. Carry an alternative wedding bouquet down the aisle incorporating pins and brooches of tattoo designs.
10. Don’t forget your groom and groomsmen with these awesome rock n roll feather boutonnieres
Get them here: SurroundingsOnline on Etsy
11. Ever get stamped to get into a club? One cute idea is to have guests get “inked” to get into your reception.
Buy them from wileyvalentine on Etsy
12. Or have a temporary tattoo booth at your wedding. It’s fun trend in wedding entertainment.
13. Give your wedding party unique tattooed gifts
14. Give your guests tattooed inspired favors
15. Or get really cool custom made wedding jewelry for yourself
You can find this necklace or get something custom-made by Swank Jewelry
16. Get a garter tattoo instead of buying a traditional wedding garter
17. Or if you buy a garter, make sure it’s a really cool one
Get it from PetereneDesign on Etsy
18. Opt for Wedding Ring Tattoos rather than a traditional ring
You can view more designs on our Wedding Ring Post here
19. Get a custom-made tattoo inspired wedding gown
Get your handmade tattoo inspired wedding dress from The Couture Company
20. If a custom wedding gown isn’t exactly your style but you’d like to add a little flair, try a tattoo inspired wedding sash
21. Buy some custom inked shoes for your wedding day both for her
And for him …
22. Get a really awesome photographer who can showcase and highlight your ink – your tattoos are beautiful, find a professional who can highlight it.
23. Find a wedding dress you love, one that doesn’t hide your tattoos but enhances them
24. Love the skin that you’re in. Don’t be ashamed of your tattoos, they are what makes you, you. Make peace with showing your tattoos off at your wedding. These brides look happy and gorgeous.
25. Drive off into the night (or day) with a “tattoo” inspired send off
Get a wedding car decal made for you by WicksnCandlesticks on Etsy
What do you think of a tattoo inspired wedding? Will you be incorporating any of these ideas in your big day? If you’ve had a tattooed wedding, send us your photos and ideas and you could be featured on the blog.